Abion is a European IP powerhouse with big ambitions and are now looking for a IP Counsel within Brand Protection to join our team in Malta or Italy.
What You’ll Do – Responsibilities
The role of IP Counsel within Brand Protection fosters direct contact with our clients on various issues related to online infringement of intellectual property rights. We are looking for a digital-savvy and positively minded legal professional to join our growing team in a dynamic and international environment.
As an IP Counsel, you will primarily be responsible for giving consultancy and legal advice in online brand protection and enforcement; in particular, in reviewing online brand monitoring reports, analysing data and providing recommendations. You will draft and handle various dispute resolutions, manage other legal issues (UDRPs, DRPs, C&D Letters, etc.) and contact relevant authorities in dispute matters.
As an lP Counsel in the Brand Protection team, you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth for this department by acquiring new customers and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Legal Research:
Conduct thorough legal research on case law related to domain name dispute resolution matters, analysis of various policies and regulations. Summarise findings and present relevant information to clients
- Document Preparation:
Draft complaints, warning letters, DMCAs, settlement agreements
- Case Management:
Organise and maintain case files, ensuring all documents are up-to-date, working in internal case management systems.
- Client Communication:
Act as first point of contact for clients, sending reports, providing updates on case status, legal consultancy.
- Legal Administrative Support:
Prepare and file legal documents with the appropriate authorities.
- Collaboration with Cross-functional Teams:
Work closely with Customer Support, IT & Security, and other departments to ensure a cohesive and positive customer experience. Collaborate with internal teams to address customer needs and resolve issues.
Ensure work tasks are carried out with great accuracy, according to the best industry standards and with high quality.
Who You Are – Qualifications
- Law Degree in IP
- Previous experience working as Legal/IP counsel (minimum 1 year)
- Proficiency in legal and business English, both written and spoken (fluency in other languages is a plus)
- Strong proficiency in legal research tools and databases
- Strong digital analysis skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines under pressure
- Structured and detail-oriented professional with a passion for optimising operational processes
- Excellent networking and relationship-building abilities
- Results-driven mindset and a focus on achieving targets
- Effectively communicate skills internally and externally
- Ambitious, independent and responsible
What we offer
We offer an exciting, fast-paced international environment, which will stretch your abilities, channel your talents and provide great professional and personal development at Europe’s leading brand protection firm. We value transparency, openness, accountability, and a shared sense of enthusiasm.
What you’ll get
At Abion we take care of our people, and this is what we offer:
- The opportunity to become part of a Global Team within Europe’s leading brand protection firm.
- If you have the drive to reach your full potential, we will help you to design your future career.
- Collaboration with a global network of talented, passionate colleagues and experts where showing initiative is more than welcome.
- We will encourage you to lead a healthy lifestyle. We do this through a variety of initiatives depending on the office, like group training, playing padel or running.
- We are strong believers in the benefits that come from being in the office together. However, we do offer the flexibility to work from home from time to time.
- Competitive compensation package
Join our global organisation and play a pivotal role in driving our growth and expansion initiatives worldwide. As an IP Counsel in our Brand Protection, you will have the opportunity to help to shape our success, becoming the #1 tech-enabled IP powerhouse.
Application and contact
If you are ready to make a significant impact in the intellectual property industry, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join our team at Abion.
Please upload your covering letter, CV and documents.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Team Lead firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abion is a fast-growing and profitable platform-based IP and domain services provider. We have a unique position in the market with nearly 30 years of experience in digitalisation as an ICANN-accredited registrar and a comprehensive Brand Protection package and software and services within Domain Management, Trademark Management, and Web Security.
We offer an exciting position in a fast-paced organisation that is constantly growing and developing in a highly current industry. At Abion, we believe in giving our employees great freedom with responsibility. We foster a diverse, dynamic, and permissive culture with lots of cross-departmental collaboration and with great opportunities for personal development. We want to be the best and therefore expect the best from ourselves and our colleagues.
Abion is on an exciting path, and we want like-minded people to join us on the next step of our journey to become the best IP company in Europe, an IP powerhouse!
Read more about how we handle your personal information